A perfect (non) match
Six mani-pedi pairings that’ll make the ultimate impact on your W-day
As regular readers will know, I’m not a huge fan of barely-there nails. In fact, against a wedding dress I prefer practically any colour to (shades of) beige. When I first landed my job on a wedding magazine, it was presumed that brides should go nude (ahem.) I didn’t understand why. To me, against a white, oyster or cream frock, you need a shock of colour. And about your mani looking dated in photos, forget it.
Talking of old-fashioned, playing matchy-matchy with your fingers and toes isn’t really my wedding bag either. That’s not to say that I’d look for the biggest clash of colour I could lay my hands (and toes) on. I do like the colours I choose to complement each other – just often in an opposite-ends-of-the-spectrum way.
Anyway, happiness is playing with nail shades so I thought I’d show you some mani/pedi pairings that I reckon will look picture perfect on your wedding day. For fingers I play it safer with more muted and classic tones but for peep toes, I go bold. And don’t be afraid of blue – it can help tick the often-tricky ‘something blue’ off your list.
Anyway, here are my top six colour combos.
- It’s not for me, but I do acknowledge that some brides will opt for neutral nails. This one, gives gorgeously shiny coverage in one coat. It’s Soigné Nail Lacquer in Creme Bavaroise, £11.
- But where toes are concerned, blue’s the hue. I love this almost creamy royal blue by Leighton Denny. The shade is called Desert Rain and it costs, £11
- Here’s a pretty baby pink to make your boy wink. I’m on my third bottle. One coat offers fantastic chip-free-for-days depth of colour. It’s Barry M’s Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Dragon Fruit, £3.99
- Imagine a pair of sparkly peep toe sandals flaunting toe nails painted in MAC’s Studio Nail Lacquer in Girl About Town, £10. Gorgeous.
- Tis the shade I wore for my wedding. Vampy burgundy nails have always topped my most-wanted nail chart. This one is OPI’s Thank Glogg It’s Friday, £12.50.
- Paired with teal tinted toes, take it from one who wears this combo regularly, looks both modern and playfully elegant. This tempting teal is limited edition by Kiko and is called Green Lake. It costs £4.90
- Tango’d fingertips is my forever high summer nail look. I’ve tried tons of corals over the years and am (totally obsessed) and really impressed by how Chanel’s Le Vernis Culte in Espadrilles paints on and stays on. It costs £18.
- Gold toes. Against tanned skin (whether it’s real or fake) just screams elegance. This one is by All That Jazz and is called All Gold Everything, £5.95
- Hot red nails scream sophistication and grown-up glamour. This polish, saucily called Carnal Red by Tom Ford, £27 will make you the ultimate scarlet woman. It’s H-O-T.
- A really cute colour to take you from the ceremony right through the honeymoon. I love this turquoise by Butter London, £15. And I love even more that it’s called Chat Up. (Isn’t that what got you into this W-day situ in the first place…?)
- Holding the bouquet and showing off your new wedding band. Your fingers will have never had so much attention. Silver looks really flattering against diamonds btw… This one comes courtesy of Models Own and is called Chrome Silver, £4.99
- Deep purple. I mean, what’s not to love about an amethyst-tinted toe job…. I’m eeking out what’s left of my bottle of Nars Elbrus Nail Polish, £15. It’s been amazing.
So these are my Big Day mani-pedi pairings. I’d love to know if you’re a girl after my own heart. Which colours would you combine? Or are you planning to play matchy-matchy with your fingers and toes. Please get in touch with your comments below…
Follow my blog with bloglovin’
<div id=”MTkyNzA3Mzk=”><a href=”https://activate.bloglovin.com/profile/19270739″><img src=”https://activate.bloglovin.com/common/images/badge1.png” width=”200″ height=”92″/></a></div>