Here’s the next of my series of stunning big day do’s compiled in cahoots with El Style, an amazing hair & make-up agency based in Pasadena. Today it’s all about flowers.
So many brides opt for flowers over veils these days. I reckon it’s because there are loads of ways to wear them (tucked behind one ear, as a crown or woven into plaits etc.) Whilst I’m a big fan of fresh flowers, if you’ve set your heart on something that isn’t in season, you’ll easily find a realistic looking fake. At least you don’t need to worry about it wilting during the day… Anyway, take a look at these bloomin’ beauties…
1. Destination wedding on the horizon? Incorporate some local flowers into your headpiece, matching the colours to your bouquet
2. I love how just a single flower takes centre stage in this bride’s side-swept do
3. Simply stunning. Try attaching small flower heads on wire and pushing them into one side of your updo.
4. This is dream wedding hair. Upgrading a classic updo with a single peony.
5. A single rose pushed into the bride’s chunky plait adds a dose of romance
6. Accessorising a low updo with flowers from your bouquet
7. Imagine a Christmas wedding….. you need no other accessories
8. Fairy tale wedding hair at it’s finest
9. Pretty-in-pink-and-white blooms finish off this braided down do beautifully
10. Just add boho waves … stunning
For advice on wearing flowers in your wedding hair, check this post I wrote some time ago, along with some really cute suggestions if you’re faking it. If your heart is set on fresh flowers, remember to keep them away from hairspray otherwise they’re on a one-way-trip to wilt city. For more tips, read an interview I did with florist Amie Bone here
Anyway, hope there are some styles here which may make your trial shortlist. I’d love to know which ones are your favourites.